Tuesday, 4 June 2013
Coba Mayan Village the first sustainable tour in the Riviera Maya
Coba Mayan Village is the first tour created on the Riviera Maya. An interesting and fun tour that will let its visitors understand the Mayan culture and the Mayan world. This is the first sustainable tour in the Riviera Maya in charge of help the mayan communities.
Coba is one of the most interesting Mayan ruins in the Yucatan Peninsula. Up to 50,000 people were thought to of lived in this enormous site. Only a small amount of area has actually been excavated. Much of it is cover by dense jungle.
Mayan Ruins at Coba:
1. Coba Group: The main building is known as “La Iglesia” (the church) Many local people thought that this was the shrine of the area. Nearby is the mayan ball court. Be sure to touch the large tree on the left hand side, as this tree is supposed to be good luck!
2. Macanxoc Group: where you can see a collection of stelae carvings. ++
3. Nohoch Mul Group. Standing at 42m (138 ft) tall, making it the highest Mayan temple that there is. Be sure to climb to the top, as the views are spectacular. (NOTE: the Mexican Government has decided to close off Coba, as they want to preserve it (like that at Chichen Itza). There is no planned date; however it will be in the summer of 2013. So be sure to book your tour NOW.
The continuous relation with many Mayan villages and the Mayan World gives COBA MAYAN VILLAGE the opportunity to participate in the economic, social, cultural and ecological development of the Mayan communities.
One part of the revenues of Coba Mayan Village is used to create and promote some ecological and educational programs that will benefit the Mayan communities.
Visit a "cenote" where you can swim in the clear waters. Participate in a Mayan purification and learn how the Mayan villages produce the chewing gum.
• Pick up at hotel or determined point
• Tour guide in Coba – 2 hours
• 1 hour for lunch
• Mayan Village visit – 45 minutes
• Cenote visit – 45 minutes
• Return to your hotel around 5:30 – 6:30 pm
• A/C transportation
• Tour guide, one language per vehicle
• Typical food and beverages (water and sodas)
• Visit to the Mayan Village
• Visit to a sacred cenote
• Alcoholic beverages
• Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday - 7:00 am – 6:00 pm
• Comfortable clothes and footwear to walk in the jungle (tennis shoes or sports sandals – no flip-flops)
• Extra set of dry clothes
• Biodegradable insect repellent & towel will be provided.
• No sunscreen is needed for all the activities are performed in the shade.
• Cash for tips & souvenirs
• Minimum age:16 years old (with a previous written parent approval)
• It is not recommended for pregnant women, people with back problems or recent surgeries.
• For groups, the program may be modified according to customer needs.
• Adult $110 USD
• Child $55 USD
1. Cancellations made (03) days prior the reservation date, a 100% penalty charge applies from the total amount of the reservations.
2. Cancellations made (04) days before reservation date will not be penalized.
3. Full refund service will apply in the following cases:
o When the service is canceled by the supplier.
o Due to illness presenting a local doctor's Report.
o Due to weather conditions (land or water services)
For more information please contact us email@example.com
++ The tour doesn't include visit the Macanxoc Group at Coba due to the schedule of the tour.